On-the-Job Accidents in Glendale
Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Downey and Los Angeles
An accident at work can happen in a split second. Slip-and-fall accidents on spilled water or damaged carpet can cause a broken hip or serious sprain. Falls from heights can lead to devastating brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. Other injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, develop slowly over time from doing the same continuous, repetitive motions every day.
No matter the type of accident you were involved in or the cause of your injuries, if you were hurt at work or while carrying out any activities that benefitted your employer, you are likely entitled to workers’ compensation. In California, all employees—including part-time, full-time, and seasonal workers—are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits with very few exceptions. If you were involved in an on-the-job accident, reach out to our Glendale workers’ compensation lawyers right away.
Glauber Berenson Vego has helped injured workers and their families in Glendale, Pasadena, Downey, and throughout the San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley, and Greater Los Angeles Area for more than 30 years. Our experienced attorneys know how to help you obtain appropriate medical care and the benefits that provide financial stability. We will handle the legal issues, so you only need to think about getting better.
How Common Are On-the-Job Accidents?
Workplace accidents, injuries, and fatalities are frighteningly common in the United States. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2019 saw 5,333 fatal work injuries, marking a 2% increase from the previous year. In fact, 2019 was the deadliest year for American workers since 2007, with one person dying, on average, every 99 minutes from a work-related injury or illness.
Nationally, transportation-related fatalities accounted for 2,122 work-related fatalities in 2019, and slips, trips, and falls increased from the previous ear by 11%, accounting for a total of 880 work-related deaths. In California, which saw 451 total work-related fatalities in 2019, transportation-related incidents and slips, trips, and falls were also among the leading causes of workplace and work-related deaths, as well as acts of violence and injuries and deaths caused by other people and animals.
In addition to these fatalities, thousands more workers suffer serious injuries due to on-the-job accidents and work-related injuries in the U.S. each year. While many of these workers are entitled to benefits through their states’ workers’ compensation systems, some struggle to get back on their feet due to employer and insurance company disputes, denied claims, and other issues.
Common Workplace Accidents
Workers in every industry face certain hazards on the job every day. While some employees, such as construction and industrial workers, are at a higher risk of being injured at work, any employee can become involved in an accident that leads to devastating bodily injury, lifelong disability, or, in the worst cases, death.
Some of the most common workplace accidents and on-the-job injuries include:
- Falls, including slip and falls and falls from heights
- Overuse and overexertion
- Sprains and strains
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Being hit by falling objects or debris
- Structure collapses
- Motor vehicle collisions and accidents
- Hearing damage caused by exposure to loud noise
- Exposure to toxic chemicals or substances
- Machinery and equipment accidents
- Burns caused by fires, explosions, and contact with hot surfaces, electricity, and chemicals.
Workplace accidents can not only lead to debilitating physical injuries but may also result in significant emotional suffering, trauma, and mental distress. In some cases, employees may experience psychological challenges and mental health disorders due to their employment.
These and other job-related injuries are all covered by workers’ compensation. Regardless of the type of accident you were involved in, if you can prove that you were acting for the benefit of your employer when you were injured, you likely have grounds to file a workers’ compensation claim.
Assisting Workers Across All Industries
At Glauber Berenson Vego, we are proud to represent injured workers throughout L.A. County from across all types of industries. Our Glendale workers’ compensation lawyers have successfully recovered benefits on behalf of employees who were injured in a wide variety of workplace accidents, including minors who were injured on the job and undocumented workers who suffered serious work-related illnesses and conditions.
Our firm represents clients from all industries and occupations, including but not limited to:
- Construction: Many construction trades involve inherent risks. An experienced roofer who takes precautions can still be involved in an accident and suffer spinal cord damage in a fall. If something goes wrong at a job, an electrician can suffer serious burns. At Glauber Berenson Vego, we represent injured construction workers, contractors, subcontractors, roofers, electricians, and others involved in the construction industry with workers’ compensation and related matters.
- Manufacturing and Assembly: If you work in a factory, you probably work around machinery that helps you do your job each day. Failing to cut electricity to a piece of machinery could allow a co-worker to turn on a machine without realizing where you are. Defective machinery or missing parts could lead to a serious accident and devastating, life-altering injuries. These accidents may result in permanent disability and significant financial hardship for injured workers and their families.
- Transportation: : Those who drive for a living may be involved in work-related car accidents or collisions involving delivery trucks, semi-trucks, 18-wheelers, big rigs, tankers, and other commercial vehicles. No matter how defensively you drive, accidents can happen. Our Glendale workers’ compensation lawyers can help you work to recover your rightful benefits after an on-duty commercial vehicle accident. We may also be able to help you pursue a third-party work injury claim in some situations, allowing you to recover additional compensation for your losses.
- Medical Professionals: Lifting patients in a hospital or long-term care setting may be a routine part of your job. A slip and fall could cause an injury, as could repetitive motions and overuse or overexertion. At Glauber Berenson Vego, we proudly represent California’s medical professionals who have suffered serious on-the-job injuries and work-related conditions in seeking fair workers’ compensation benefits.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. Our firm regularly represents clients from all industries who have been injured or fallen ill due to working conditions and/or work-related duties and activities. We also assist minors and undocumented workers who have been injured in on-the-job injuries and provide legal services in both Spanish and Farsi.
Skilled Advocates Devoted to Obtaining the Best Possible Results
When you choose Glauber Berenson Vego, you can trust that we will do everything possible to help you get back on your feet. From helping you access treatment to seeking permanent disability benefits to appealing a denied claim, our attorneys are here for you every step of the way.
Our team is easily accessible when you have a question. We will keep you updated on the progress of your case and routinely check on your recovery. We represent clients who have suffered on-the-job injuries in many different professions and are happy to meet with you to discuss the specifics of your case.
With multiple offices in Glendale, Downey, and Los Angeles, we serve clients throughout Los Angeles County and the surrounding areas.
Contact Us Now for a Free Consultation
Our lawyers’ sole focus is helping people who have been injured on the job. Talk with us as soon as possible so we can quickly get to work on your case. There are no fees until we recover compensation for you.
“Ryan is an amazing lawyer and, was always willing to answer any questions I had. He was also quick to get me appointments to help with my injuries.”- Former Client